Name: Shanlei Sun
Tel: (919) 515 – 9771 (office), (919) 608 – 1623 (mobile)
Ph.D., Climate System and Global Change, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), September 2008 – June 2012
M.S., Climate System and Global Change, NUIST, September 2005 – June 2008
B.S., Resource Environment and Urban Planning Management, NUIST, September 2001 – June 2005
Research and Work Experience:
3. Post-Doctoral Research, North Carolina State University (NCSU), February 2014 – Present
Currently, my research includes land surface processes, interactions between land and atmosphere, climate simulation and projection, and ecohydrology.
2. Lecturer and research assistantship, College of Hydrometeorology/Applied Hydrometeorological Research Institute, NUIST, December 2011 – Present
Work focuses on land surface processes, interactions between land and atmosphere, climate simulation and projection, and ecohydrology.
1. A major participant in the National Natural Science Foundation of China — “The assessment of the land surface hydrology parameterizations in dynamic vegetation modeling”, January 2013 – Present
In this project, my major work is to performance climate dynamics and simulation.
Refereed Journal Papers:
16. Shanlei Sun, Haishan Chen, Weimin Ju, Jie Song, Jinjian Li, Yongjian Ren, Jie Sun. 2012. Past and Future Changes of Streamflow in Poyang Lake Basin, Southeastern China. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 16: 2005-2020.
15. Shanlei Sun, Haishan Chen, Weimin Ju, Jie Song, Hao Zhang, Jie Sun, Yujie Fang. 2013. Effects of Climate Change on Annual Streamflow Using Climate Elasticity in Poyang Lake Basin, China. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 112: 169-183, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-012-0714-y.
14. Shanlei Sun, Haishan Chen, Weimin Ju, Wenjian Hua, Miao Yu, Yixing Yin. 2013. Assessing the Future Hydrological Cycle in the Xinjiang Basin, China, Using a Multi-model Ensemble and SWAT Model. International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3890. (Online)
13. Shanlei Sun, Haishan Chen, Weimin Ju, Miao Yu, Wenjian Hua, Yi Yin. 2014. On the Attribution of the Changing Hydrological Cycle in Poyang Lake Basin, China. Journal of Hydrology, 514:214-225.
12. Shanlei Sun, Suoquan Zhou, Jie Song, Jianghong Shi, Renying Gu, Fengmin Ma. 2010. Change in Pan Evaporation and Its Driving Factors in Jiangxi Province. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, 26(9): 59-65. (in Chinese with English Abstract)
11. Shanlei Sun, Suoquan Zhou, Jie Song, Jianhong Shi, Renying Gu, Jue Huang. 2011. Discussion on the Variation Characteristics of the Total Solar Radiation in Jiangxi Province Utilizing Penman Equation. Climatic and Environmental Research, 16(5): 629-640. (in Chinese with English Abstract)
10. Shanlei Sun, Suoquan Zhou, Genyuan Xue, Zongwei Ji, Qiang Li, Yongjian Ren. 2010. Characteristics of Net Primary Productivity of Natural Vegetation in the Region around Hangzhou Bay in Recent 36 Years. Journal of Natural Resources, 25(5): 830-841. (in Chinese with English Abstract)
9. Weiping Lou, Shanlei Sun, Lihong Wu, Ke Sun. 2014. Effects of Climate Change on the Economic Output of the Longjing-43 Tea Tree, 1972–2013. International Journal of Biometeorology. (Revised back)
8. Jin Huang, Shanlei Sun, Yan Xue, Jinjian Li, Jinchi Zhang. 2014. Spatial and Temporal Variability of Precipitation and Dryness/Wetness During 1961-2008 in Sichuan Province, West China. Water Resources Management, 28(6): 1655-1670.
7. Jin Huang, Shanlei Sun, Jinchi Zhang. 2013. Detection of Trends in Precipitation During 1960-2008 in Jiangxi Province, Southeast China. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 114(1-2): 237-254. DOI: 10.1007/s00704-012-0708-9.
6. Jin Huang, Shanlei Sun, Yan Xue, Jinchi Zhang. 2014. Spatial and Temporal Variability of Precipitation Indices During 1961–2010 in Hunan Province, Central South China. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-013-1087-6. (Online)
5. Wenjian Hua, Haishan Chen, Shanlei Sun. Uncertainty in Land Surface Temperature Simulation over China by CMIP3/CMIP5 Models. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-013-1020-z. (Online)
4. Wenjian Hua, Haishan Chen, Shanlei Sun. 2014. Revisiting the Impacts of Land Use and Land Cover Change on Future Climate Projections. International Journal of Climatology. (Submitted)
3. Peng Deng, Jianting Zhu, Shanlei Sun, Yuan Guo. 2014. An Improved Linear Runoff Generation Model by Incorporating Potential Evapotranspiration. Journal of Hydrology. (Submitted)
2. Wenjian Hua, Haishan Chen, Siguang Zhu, Shanlei Sun, Miao Yu, Liming Zhou. 2013. Hotspots of the Sensitivity of the Land Surface Hydrological Cycle to Climate Change.Chinese Science Bulletin, 58(30): 3682-3688. DOI: 10.1007/s11434-013-5846-7.
1. Jin Huang, Jinchi Zhang, Zengxin Zhang, Shanlei Sun, Jian Yao. 2011. Simulation of extreme Precipitation Indices in the Yangtze River Basin by Using Statistical Downscaling Method (SDSM). Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 91(1-4). DOI: 10.1007/s00704-011-0536-3.
Non-refereed Conference Proceedings:
2. Shanlei Sun, Haishan Chen, Weimin Ju, Jie Song. 2011. Application of SWAT2005 Model in Hydrological Modeling in a Red Soil Basin of China. 2011 The International Conference on Remote Sensing Environment and Transportation Engineering, June 24 – 26, 2011, Nanjing, China, 4 pages.
1. Yujie Fang, Wenbin Zhou, Dinggui Luo, Shanlei Sun. 2011. Study on Runoff Simulation of Yuan River Based on AVSWAT-X Model. 2011 Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, May 10 – 12, 2011, Wuhan, China, 4 pages.
Suoquan Zhou, Jie Song, Shanlie Sun, Renying Gu, Jianhong Shi. 2009. Investigating Long-term Variations in Solar Irradiance in the Jiangxi Province, China. 2009 The International Conference on Land Surface Radiation and Energy Budgets: Observations, Modeling and Analysis, March 18 – 20, 2009, Beijing, China.
2. Introduction of Earth System Science, September 2013 – February 2014.
1. Hydrological Statistics, September 2012 – January 2013.
Honors and Awards:
2. College scholarship for several times, NUIST, 2001 – 2005.
1. “Outstanding Postgraduate”, NUIST, 2008.
2. Member of European Geosciences Union (EGU), December 2012 – present.
1. Attendance at the Annual Meeting of Chinese Meteorological Society (CSM), Nanjing, November 2013.